Distance from Kandy – 1.2 km (5 minutes)
The Church of St. Paul is situated on the scared grounds west of the Temple of the Tooth Relic. The church which was formally consecrated on St. Paul’s day which falls on 25th January, 1853. The Church was named “St. Paul’s” by Rt. Rev. James Chapman, the first Bishop of Colombo. The building is made of terracotta brick and is one of the only examples of this kind of British architecture in the country.