Distance from Kalpitiya – 60.3 km (1 hour 12 minutes)
Tabbowa Wewa is an ancient irrigation system which is situated in the Puttalam district. Although it is believed to have been built by King Kavantissa, history does not clearly mention it. The reservoir was restored several times between 1913 to 1925 and 1969. Tabbowa Wewa covers a large area of 4.6 square km.
Getting to Tabbowa Wewa
From Kalpitiya travel along the Palavi-Kalpitiya Road passing Etalai and Norochcholai up to Palaviya. Then travel along the Puttalam – Anuradhapura – Trincomalee Highway up to Karuwalagaswewa to reach the Tabbowa Wewa.