Distance from Colombo – 3.0 km (8 minutes)
Old Colombo Lighthouse also known as Colombo Fort Clock Tower in situated in Fort, Colombo. It is located at the junction of Chatham Street and Janadhipathi Mawatha in Fort. It is a clock tower which used to serve as a lighthouse. The lighthouse is no longer operational but the clock tower functions and proves to be useful for travelers and by passers to read the time when in the area. Construction of the tower began in 1856 and completed in 1857.