Distance from Kandy – 1.4 km (6 minutes)
The Magul Maduwa is the Royal Audience Hall where the king met his ministers and carries out daily administrative tasks of the kingdom. It was also known as the Royal Court and was utilized for religious and national festivities. This finely carved wooden building was constructed by King Sri Vikrama Rajasingha. The Kandyan Convention between the British and the Kandyan Chieftans was signed here in 1815 which ended the Kandyan era.