Distance from Trinco – 15.6 km (29 minutes)
Koddiyar Fort is a fort situated in the southern side of Koddiyar Bay, Trincomalee. Constructed in 1622, it was the first fort which was built by the Dutch in the island. The fort was built by the Dutch with the purpose of getting rid of the Portugeuse from Sri Lanka.
Getting to Koddiyar Fort
From Trinco take the Trincomalee Highway and travel about 15 km, passing China Bay and Clappenburg, to reach the Koddiyar Fort.