Distance from Galle – 3.5 km (13 minutes)
The Galle Fort Clock Tower is situated in Galle Fort. It overlooks the central moon Bastion which also happens to be the site of the old guard room. Constructed in 1883 it is a very popular landmark in Galle Fort. It was built in recognition of Dr. P.D. Anthonisz, a Colonial Surgeon. The clock was the gift of a patient named Mudaliyar Samson de Abrew Rajapakse. The tower stands four storeys high.